Tuesday, March 29, 2011

El Oh El Ay. Lola

On my final night in Saint Louis, a bunch of people decided to go out and hit the bars.  I got detained and missed the shuttle.  Not to be deterred, I asked the concierge where I could get a good appletini.  He told me the Tool Box was a couple blocks up the street.  That sounded good.  So, off I went into the night.


I found the place.  It was nondescript with a typical mid west red brick facade.  I entered and made my way to the bar.  The first thing I noticed was this place had really bad lighting.  I couldn't see a thing.


After a few minutes my eyes started adjusting.  Much to my surprise, I noticed to men at the bar holding hands.  That was odd.


I looked over at an adjacent table and saw to men hugging.  I was getting concerned.


Finally, I looked into the darkest corner and saw two fellows making out.  The truth finally hit me.  This wasn't the kind of place I usually frequent.


I knew something had to be done.  I turned to the guy I was dancing with and told him, "One more slow dance and I need to go."

1 comment: